The Academy: The Fundamentals of Fragrance March 2017
Wednesday 29th March 2017
The Academy Part 1 – The Fundamentals of Fragrance with Roja Dove
The Academy Part 2 – The Fundamentals of Fragrance Part 2 with Roja Dove
Venue: Debenhams Head Office, 9.30am – 5.00pm
Roja Dove is one of the world’s most innovative fragrance creatives and Master Perfumer. Whether exposing the more risqué aspects of perfume, or revealing the industry’s anecdotes that only he knows, Roja always mesmerises and conveys the mysteries and exoticism of perfume with fervour and passion - he is the connoisseurs’ connoisseur. Roja’s creativity, combined with his extraordinary experience, led to his recent appointment as Creative Ambassador for Great Britain.
Course 1 is a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of fragrance, covering:
- The unique sense of smell and why everyone smells differently and develops their individual olfactory tastes.
- A brief history of the fragrance industry and they key classic reference fragrances that made the industry what it is today, charting the evolution of modern perfumery through the decades.
- An introduction to the everyday fragrance language and terminologies - i.e. ‘jargon busting’
- Fragrance families, fragrance strengths and the key raw materials
Course 2 offers an in-depth look into how fragrances are made and the creative art of the perfumer, this course covers:
- A focus on the key ingredients and how they are obtained, and the olfactory effects they have.
- Which ingredients fall into which 'facet' of perfumery, and how these can be combined together to create ‘accords’ and how they can be described.
Our March delegates had a fascinating two days, and we are thrilled to share some of their comments with you...
"Both days were fabulously informative, Roja is a pleasure to be around and a great inspiration - highly recommend!"
- Dominic Colleridge, Penhaligon’s
"I enjoyed everything – I think my knowledge has improved immensely – what an incredible man. I enjoyed the informality of the history of fragrance & bottle, the activities on day 1 to identify fragrance families and discovering all the raw materials particularly."- Harvey Broadhurst, Puig
Find out when more Fragrance Foundation Academy Courses are happening here...