The Academy: The Fundamentals of Fragrance July 2017
Wednesday 5th & Thursday 6th July 2017
The Academy Part 1 – The Fundamentals of Fragrance with Roja Dove
The Academy Part 2 – The Fundamentals of Fragrance Part 2 with Roja Dove
Venue: House of Fraser Head Office, 9.30am – 5.00pm
Roja Dove is one of the world’s most innovative fragrance creatives and Master Perfumer. Whether exposing the more risqué aspects of perfume, or revealing the industry’s anecdotes that only he knows, Roja always mesmerises and conveys the mysteries and exoticism of perfume with fervour and passion - he is the connoisseurs’ connoisseur. Roja’s creativity, combined with his extraordinary experience, led to his recent appointment as Creative Ambassador for Great Britain.
Course 1 is a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of fragrance, covering:
- The unique sense of smell and why everyone smells differently and develops their individual olfactory tastes.
- A brief history of the fragrance industry and they key classic reference fragrances that made the industry what it is today, charting the evolution of modern perfumery through the decades.
- An introduction to the everyday fragrance language and terminologies - i.e. ‘jargon busting’
- Fragrance families, fragrance strengths and the key raw materials
Course 2 offers an in-depth look into how fragrances are made and the creative art of the perfumer, this course covers:
- A focus on the key ingredients and how they are obtained, and the olfactory effects they have.
- Which ingredients fall into which 'facet' of perfumery, and how these can be combined together to create ‘accords’ and how they can be described.
Our July delegates had a fascinating two days, and we are thrilled to share some of their comments with you...
Roja Dove was exceptional. I had many “pinching myself” moments, many “tears to the eyes” moments –that only happen when I’m overwhelmed with beauty, awe and fervour. First time it happened was when I saw Monet’s ‘Olympia’, this time it was Roja Dove.
– Emily Veness Budin, National Training Manager – Dolce & Gabbana
Hearing Roja’s experience and honest perspective. His teaching was very clear. Best fragrance course!
– Aakwa Haffar, Global Training Developer – Burberry
Find out when more Fragrance Foundation Academy Courses are happening here...