ACADEMY TRAINING: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF FRAGRANCE PARTS 1&2
Wednesday 6th & Thursday 7th June 2018
The Academy Parts 1 & 2 – The Fundamentals of Fragrance with Roja Dove
9.30am – 5.00pm
Venue: St Martin's Lane Hotel
Roja Dove is one of the world’s most innovative fragrance creatives and Master Perfumer. Whether exposing the more risqué aspects of perfume, or revealing the industry’s anecdotes that only he knows, Roja always mesmerises and conveys the mysteries and exoticism of perfume with fervour and passion - he is the connoisseurs’ connoisseur. Roja’s creativity, combined with his extraordinary experience, led to his recent appointment as Creative Ambassador for Great Britain.
Course 1 is a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of fragrance, covering:
- The unique sense of smell and why everyone smells differently and develops their individual olfactory tastes.
- A brief history of the fragrance industry and they key classic reference fragrances that made the industry what it is today, charting the evolution of modern perfumery through the decades.
- An introduction to the everyday fragrance language and terminologies - i.e. ‘jargon busting’
- Fragrance families, fragrance strengths and the key raw materials
Course 2 offers an in-depth look into how fragrances are made and the creative art of the perfumer, this course covers:
- A focus on the key ingredients and how they are obtained, and the olfactory effects they have.
- Which ingredients fall into which 'facet' of perfumery, and how these can be combined together to create ‘accords’ and how they can be described.
What did the attendees say?
"I absolutely loved it! Thank you for an amazing day, Roja is an inspiration." - Levannah Reyes-McNally, Elizabeth Arden
"I enjoyed it so much. I will never smell perfume in the same way again" - Lisa Cormack, Aspects Beauty
"I loved every minute of the course. It was wonderful to discover a new found appreciation for scent and fragrance families. It over delivered on all my expectations, Roja is a wonderful story teller and the way he teaches to distinguish and identify families is great and so usable after the course." - Linda Belesko, Orange Square Company
Find out more about The Academy Training Programme here.